Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

integrated windows authentication not working?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• integrated windows authentication not working?

I have recently rebuilt our exchange server, client can access their mail using OWA but integrated windows authentication will not work - instead when they browse to OWA they are prompted for their username and password.

Integrated Windows Authentication is checked on the deafult web site in IIS and anon access is unchecked - is this right?

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Re: integrated windows authentication not working?

Are they accessing it from a computer joined to the domain using a valid domain user account?

Comment

They are.

The setup we have is 2 domains in the forest. Would I be correct in saying integrated auth would work for users who exist in the same domain as the exchange server and users in the other domain would be prompted for their username/password - or not?

Comment

That seems to make sense to me as integrated windows authentication uses the credentials of the user accessing OWA and it would seem to me that only users in the same domain would authenticate automatically while the users from the other domain are not recognized and therefore prompted for their credentials.

Comment

Thats what I would expect to happen, but users who's account exists in the same domain as the exchange server is a member of still get prompted for a username/password instead of being passed straight through to their mailbox.

Comment

Maybe it's not possible. Have a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327843

Comment

It is possible because we had it like this before I rebuilt the server, the only difference was we had 1 domain in the forest as against 2. I can't see how that would make a difference personally.

Comment

Working...
              X