No announcement yet.

address list ldap query syntax

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• address list ldap query syntax

I currently host exchange for multiple clients.

Each client has their own global address list which is created when selecting "new global address list" and then utilizing the advanced tab for the address list query.

The query is filtered by users that end with the email address that ends with ( This filters things quite nicely for me.

Works great. The only problem is that now I need to add some mail enabled groups to the customers global address list.

Easy right? Just add another query line on the advanced tab for group ends with (some other distinguishing attribute).
    Well this doesn't work as the line items in the query "or" themselves instead of "anding" themselves like I want them to.

I can't figure out where to put the "|" gumble grumble grumble...

Any help would be apprecieted as I'm tearing me hair out.

Here is a sample:

(&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!( homeMDB=*))(!(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(obje ctCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)( msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=per son)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(o bjectCategory=publicFolder)(objectCategory=msExchD ynamicDistributionList) )))(objectCategory=user)(objectCategory=group)(mai l=**groupname)))