No announcement yet.

S/Mime issue with Windows 2003 SP2 and Exchange SP2

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S/Mime issue with Windows 2003 SP2 and Exchange SP2

I am having an issue very similiar to one that I have found a fix for before. The catch is that the fix was for Windows Server 2003 SP1 and I am running SP2. When I try to run the patch, it says I am running a higher service pack level and cannot apply the patch. That said - here's the problem:

On IE7, in both XP and Vista, when I try to send or close a message from OWA 2003, IE crashes. I found this link on how to fix it with Windows server 2003 SP1, but I'm running SP2.

Also, I tried to uninstall the S/MIME control from the add/remove control panel and it said: "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the control panel." There is no second listing in the Add/Remove programs applet.

As you can imagine, this is pretty frustrating. I am having the same issue that others have reported but apparently I cannot install the update on my Exchange server already since I installed windows sp2. I am also experiencing this issue on Vista which others have reported as working fine.

Thanks for your help!
    Scott B