Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2000 setup problem HELP HELP

Hi there,

We have a situation here, One windows 2000 (active directory), with 200 users. One exchange 2000 server just wants 40 users accounts to be created on it, the rest the company wants to have it on linux/unix mail server.
    Which means that there will be 2 mail server in one domain for 400 users. We have one public IP address thru which we get all our mails.

Can anyone suggest how to set up the mail servers so that only 40 mail accounts are created in exchange and the rest 360 accounts are created in winodws active directory, but the mail boxes to be created in other platform.

Help will be appreciated

cheers

sanjeev

Well the best thing to do is to create the 400 users if they aren't already. Then just mail enable the 40 on the exchange server (i.e. Active Directory, right click on user, exchnage tasks, create mailbox).

If i've understood what you want then that should work. As to the other platform.... i don't know squat about linux!

You might want to think about how you are going to get mail from the outside world onto both servers.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Exchange 2000 setup problem HELP HELP

I can creat users in Active directory no problems whatsoever, but i am concerned about the other mail server, Assuming the accounts/users are created there and everything is working fine, how does the mail reach there rom the outside world. If the mail comes from outside it checks for the user in exchange, and if the user is not found it just discards the mails back. which means that the mail doesnt reach the other system.

I want that the mail to reach other system from outside, users are there and mail systems is also there, I can use linux or mdaemon its not a problem, but it should reach.

cheers

sanjeev

Comment

Sanjeev.... its a nightmare... or it was when we had a similar situation moving from Linux to Exchange 2 years ago... I can't remember how we did it but it involved connectors on the exchange box and some config on the linux side (like i said i ain got a clue was done here).

I think i'd have to had this onto one of the other Forum residents who are a bit more traversed in this area...

Guys any help...???!!!
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X