Time to upgrade to SP2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to upgrade to SP2

I know this is a hard question to answer but just looking for a rough idea or point me in the right direction to find out.

Looking to upgrade Exchange SP1 to SP2, the database size is just under 200gb, any ideas what the time would be for this to be done.

Cheers

Re: Time to upgrade to SP2

The installation of SP2 has no bearing on your database size and vice versa. I would think the install (including the reboot) would take less than 30 minutes. One caveat: if you have the IMF installed you have to uninstall it before installing SP2 as the IMF is now part of SP2 and not a separate component.

Comment

One slightly off topic thing is that 200GB for a DB is massive. Can you not create more stores and lessen the load on a single DB? It will probably mean more HDDs for the server/SAN but for speed and restoration purposes I would recommend it. Does anyone else agree with me?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Yes, 200GB for a single mailstore is pretty massive. I might suggest creating additional stores and moving some mailboxes.

Comment

I don't know much about exchange, just been asked to find out how long SP2 would take to install, we do have another store and thats about 120GB, we also have public folders elsewhere aswell, so there is a massive amount of mail. We have 2 sites with a store in each site.

Comment

Working...
          X