Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 DNS,1 Exchange and 2 Domains Problem

Dear all,

I am facing the problem for two domains account with exchange 2003.I wana explain briefly.let say my current domain is domainA.com.I had the Forward lookup zones in my DNS server as domainA.com. this is working well now and from the outlook client i use the SMTP and POP3 servers as mail.domainA.com. that is fine.

Now, I got the another new domain as domainB.com and would like to add for new domain in my DNS like mail.domainB.com. So do i need to add the New forward lookup zones for domainB.com in My DNS server ? I already add the new domainB.com in Exchange System Manager recipient policies. but it still doesn't work to send or receive email. what server addresss shoud i use for the SMPT and POP3 server for domainB.com user account? can i use the current domain like mail.domainA.com or mail.domainB.com ? all the contributions are appreciated and thanks in advance..

regards,
    examplez

Re: 1 DNS,1 Exchange and 2 Domains Problem

What you do on your internal DNS has no bearing on whether you can send or receive email on the internet. You need to ensure that the MX records for the domain are pointing to the server.

Furthermore the new domain should also be listed in the recipient policy for the domain, so that Exchange recognises that it is responsible for email for that domain.

Simon.
    --
    Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
    More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
    Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
    In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Hi Simon

Thanks for your help and both of them are working well now. I can send out and receive email as well. I got 2 email accounts like [email protected] and [email protected].

From the outlook client i use mail.domainA.com for SMTP and POP3 servers for domainA.com account, also mail.domainB.com for domainB.com account.It is working well now. but when I send from external email to [email protected] that email can receive from [email protected]. also when i send to [email protected] and that email can receive from [email protected]. and only one time can receive that mail and can't get again from another account. what happen to this one. pls help me along, thanks

Comment

I have read your post six times and I don't understand what you are saying.

Where does POP3 come in to it? You shouldn't be using POP3 with an Exchange server. If you are then you have wasted a lot of money as Exchange isn't designed to be used with a POP3 client - you have thrown away 95% of its functionality. If you were just going to use POP3 clients then a standard Windows 2003 server would have been fine.

Simon.
        --
        Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
        More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
        Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
        In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

I know that i couldn't express well cos of my english. let me explain briefly.

I have 1 exchange with 2 domain. sending out to external email is fine. but the problem is receiving. for example an user got 2 email like [email protected] and [email protected]. the problem is coming email to account [email protected] can receive from [email protected] account. to [email protected] email can receive from [email protected] . i want to receive from particular domain account. how can i solve that problem. pls help me , any contribution is highly appreciated.

thx

Comment

Are you saying you no longer want them to receive from the second domain?

If Exchange has been setup to accept mail from domainA.com and domainB.com and these have been populated down to the users then they will be able to receive emails sent to both domains. You can remove addresses individually with the users object in AD (with Ex03 tools installed). I don't know of an automatic way of doing it for all users though.
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

yes. I have 1 exchange with domainA.com first and i added second domainB.com now. so that [email protected] got the new account like [email protected] in the properties of E-mail Addresses Tab from Active Directory.

The problem is, for eg, [email protected] send an email to [email protected] account , but that email can receive from [email protected] account. and send email to [email protected] also can receive from [email protected]. how can I prevent that one? i don't want to change the user ID in this example(trainer) , for the user trainer want to use both of these domains. but want to receive from particular domain account.

how can I solve that problem? thank.

Comment

It's not very clear but I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that you may mean send not receive in the last but one sentence?

So your user can receive emails domainA.com and domainB.com but when he sends out he only sends as domainB.com?

You can change and force the recipient update policy in Exchange. It is possible to remove a user from this auto update, there is a tick box at the bottom of the email address tab in AD.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF017.html
                cheers
                Andy

Comment

sorry for my dump english bro.

I had the exchange server with domain A.com first, then i add the another domain B.com into that exchange.Then all the user from exchange got 2 domain like [email protected] and [email protected].

I create [email protected] at Outlook Express and [email protected] at Microsoft Outlook.

after that,I can send out to all external email from these 2 account [email protected] and [email protected] is fine.but the problem is receiving, for eg, coming email to [email protected] can receive from [email protected], also coming email to [email protected] can receive from [email protected], just only once. seem depend on the account which I open first, then receive all email coming to those 2 account.

I want to separate receiving from particular domain account,not receiving from another account. How do I solve that problem bro.

Comment

Right I see.
                    You will have to create an additonal user account, both users cannot log onto the network with the same account. Once you have done this you can remove the domaina.com email address from the first user and add it as the primary address for the second user. There will then be 2 different accounts to use. User1 will log on and collect the domainA.com email and user 2 will log on with a different account and collect domainB.com.

No worries about the English
                    Is this ok?
                    cheers
                    Andy

Comment

additional user account mean what? I dont understand well. you want me to create another user account? but they dont want to change another user . they want like that [email protected] and [email protected]. I already added the second domain recipient policy at exchange server.

the problem is receiving all accounts even the email come to particular account. pls help ..

Comment

It is not possible to do what you want. If you assign 2 email addresses to 1 user account then that account gets both emails no matter where you collect them from.

You will need to create a new account and then assign it the other trainers email address. This would give you:

User1
                        [email protected]

User2
                        [email protected]
                        cheers
                        Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X