Can't Send E-mail to outside

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Send E-mail to outside

Dear All

i hope anyone can solve my problem
    from one month ago i had one server which carry the primary domain controller and exchange and i was able to send and receive mails from outside

after this i had purchase a new server and i move the mailboxes to the new server and all the processes goes fine and now in the administrative group i have two servers the old one and the new one i use SMTP connector and i had add the new server as default local bridgeheads SMTP server in the SMTP connector but i have one problem

when i use outlook with our smtp and pop3 static IP's outside our organization i receive any mail but when i send e-mail outside or inside my organization i receive this error message

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
    Sent: 3/21/2008 07:06 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

[email protected]' on 3/21/2008 07:06 AM
    550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
    Important note:
    i also use outlook with exchange mode and it's work fine with without any problems in sending and receiving mails

please help in this issue because it's important matter in my comapny

Re: Can't Send E-mail to outside

Why are you using POP3/SMTP if the Exchange client works correctly? POP3 has no place in a corporate environment as far as I am concerned and should not be used unless there is no other choice. If you are using Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 then the preferred remote access choice is RPC over HTTPS, not POP3.

Have you configured the clients to authenticate when sending email? If not then that is the problem. Exchange will not allow the clients to relay unless you have some way of allowing - authenticated relaying is the most secure.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.