No announcement yet.

Exchange 2000 issues

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2000 issues

Hi Frnz.... presently I am facing a problem with our exchange servers.

Some Background:

We used to have 2 mail servers with exchange 2000 configured on them. The problem is recently both server's OS crashed. As we dont have much time our team members built 2 new servers with another names and transferred mail boxes to that. I too dont know how did they transfer if the server crashed completely.

But now, I found AD is still searching for old first exchange server. I need to change all the AD settings configured for old mail server to the new one. Seems becoz of this public folder is not working. Calender is not working. Users are unable to download the addressbook. Sometimes My outlook is showing the information that it is pulling the information from mail server. But it is showing the mail server name as Domain Controller's Name..

Please help me in this regard..

Re: Exchange 2000 issues

The first mistake was building new servers with new names.
    What you should have done is do a disaster recovery installation of Exchange. That would allow you to recover the data and would have taken less time than what you did this time.

You need to remove those servers correctly. The best way would be to do things correctly, by carrying out a disaster recovery installation of Exchange on new build servers with the same names. This can be a virtual machine. Once you have done the installation you can then carry out a correct uninstallation of Exchange.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.