Searching ALL mailboxes for sender\receiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching ALL mailboxes for sender\receiver

I need to search my Exchange 2003 IS for messages to and from a specific address (an SMTP address). Can anyone lend some advice?

I currently have the user with read permissions sifting thru 30 mailboxes.

Thanks
    Craig

Re: Searching ALL mailboxes for sender\receiver

thats rough, being that the permissions on all the mailboxes will have to be modified to allow someone to search the contents, and then it must still be done manually.

you will need a single store will all messages in it to do this from one interface. if the journaling account is enabled, and possibly stored and indexed properly in an SQL dB, then you may be able to go that route, but its only for the new messages received after journaling is enabled. in addition, the journaling account will get very full if you dont move the messages to a dB somewhere. it will probably hit the storage limits if not careful.

James
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Why don't you use the Message Tracking center in ESM to search for the email address in order to narrow your scope.

Comment

Message Tracking is not enabled. If I enable it, will it reindex all messages? Still, I need a facility to go and grab messages that tracking finds and drop them into a Personal Folder. Found messages have to be sent to an offsite attorney.

Thanks for your comments!!

Comment

No Message Tracking does not index the messages. A separate log is maintained when Message Tracking is enabled. I would recommend that you turn it on for future needs but it will not help you in your current situation. You are probably going to have to continue your manual search in this case.

Comment

Working...
          X