Small Business Server 2003 & Exchange Server 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Business Server 2003 & Exchange Server 2003

I want the functionality od shared calenday, contacts and tasks found Exchange but I don't want to mess with the e-mail. Can I get the functionality I want and keep e-mail at my ISP?

How many users is it for? How does the e-mail work at the moment?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Micrisoft Small Busines Server - Instasllation and set up ??

Thanks for the reply. Here is the WHOLE story in a few sentences.

I have MS-SBS 2003 installed with a single network card and a router. I think this may be problematic so I'm planning to reinstall with 2-NICs and a switch. I have a broadband (always on) ISP and use MS Outlook SMTP. I also have NO-IP which keeps my domain name LiftedUp.no-ip.net current in their DNS. This seems to work OK. I also have Exchange Server 2003. I've yet to get everything working at one time.

There are 4-5 computers on the network, 4 user accounts, or at least that's what I want on the network. Highest priority is shared calendar, contacts etc using Exchange erver 2003. E-mail to LiftedUp.net would be nice as would a simple web site.

I'm not a hardware person and have never taken any MS training. is it reasonable to think I can make this happen by simply following directions and if so where do I find a step-by-step guide to getting this done.

I know this is a big request so let's just start with is it reasonalbe to think I can do it and then go forward (or not from there.

Thanks -Gene

Comment

I'm afraid to say that SBS2003 will pretty much do all the hard work (putting us Microsoft trained 'experts' out of a job!!). You can keep you settings and have exchange doing calendars. But having exchange doing your e-mail as well will really give you a much better system.
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X