Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POP3 / IMAP4 Services (Exchg Serv Win2k3)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POP3 / IMAP4 Services (Exchg Serv Win2k3)

Hi, I am currently setting up a Microsoft server environment for a university project that includes a plethora of roles and features, one of which is Microsoft Exchange.

I have my exchange server running and can access email through the domain (MAPI access i presume) and by using webmail. But I am also wanting to get the POP3 and IMAP4 services running to allow maximum accessibility.

After searching this site for a guide on how to install/start these services I found the results weren't very helpful (I still love this site inspite of this ).

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of a good HOW TO. I thought it may be straight forward and tried going to Exchange System Manager > Servers > MYSERVER > IMAP & POP3 > Virtual Server and right clicking these to set the IP to the address of that machine and then trying to run them but both get the same error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
    Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Can't find anything in the event viewer either!

Any help re this would be great.

Ta
    Guy

Re: POP3 / IMAP4 Services (Exchg Serv Win2k3)

Nevermind, fixed it!

You need to set the service to automatic in services.msc and then start it and hey presto!

Thanks to all who read.

Comment

Working...
    X