No announcement yet.

POP3 / IMAP4 Services (Exchg Serv Win2k3)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POP3 / IMAP4 Services (Exchg Serv Win2k3)

Hi, I am currently setting up a Microsoft server environment for a university project that includes a plethora of roles and features, one of which is Microsoft Exchange.

I have my exchange server running and can access email through the domain (MAPI access i presume) and by using webmail. But I am also wanting to get the POP3 and IMAP4 services running to allow maximum accessibility.

After searching this site for a guide on how to install/start these services I found the results weren't very helpful (I still love this site inspite of this ).

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of a good HOW TO. I thought it may be straight forward and tried going to Exchange System Manager > Servers > MYSERVER > IMAP & POP3 > Virtual Server and right clicking these to set the IP to the address of that machine and then trying to run them but both get the same error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
    Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Can't find anything in the event viewer either!

Any help re this would be great.

Re: POP3 / IMAP4 Services (Exchg Serv Win2k3)

Nevermind, fixed it!

You need to set the service to automatic in services.msc and then start it and hey presto!

Thanks to all who read.