Changing NDR Messege

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing NDR Messege

Do u know how can I change the default NDR Messege ?

I want to make a different messege to each user (like when a user leaves the company, it sends back that he left and please contact XXX).

anyone knows how can i do that ?

Thanks
    Yaniv Feldman
    Microsoft Security Regional Director
    Microsoft Management Expert
    MCSA, MCSE, MCT

From Usenet...
    microsoft.public.exchange2000.general

According to the post it may not be possible. I've had no luck finding anything regarding how-to customize the NDR for Exchange 200x.

Unfortunately we don't have a way to customize/modify the text in NDR messages in both Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 Server. Actually, the NDR is defined in some RFC documentation as an Internet standard. Also, because Microsoft Exchange Server is a RFC-compliant product, the typical NDR messages are hard coded in Exchange Server.

To my knowledge, I know that we can change a .DLL file in Exchange 5.5 to create custom NDRs, but I was not aware of any .DLL files we can alter in Exchange 2000/2003 to customize the built-in NDR messages. Also, even in Exchange 5.5, Microsoft doesn't recommend users customize the built-in NDR message by modifying the .DLL files.

Regarding the KB article 329311 mentioned in your post, it's a bit misleading and after confirming with the author of that article it would mean the third-party messaging system can use custom NDR rather than Microsoft Exchange Server. Actually, we do have a new KB article publishing to replace the KB article 329311. For more info, please refer to the KB article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;EN-US;812806

Also, we strive to capture any and all product issues / product feedback so as to ensure that we are continuously developing Microsoft products to meet customer needs; this is exactly why feedback such as yours is always taken very seriously. You are also welcome to add your suggestions to make Microsoft products easier and more powerful to use, by visiting:

http://register.microsoft.com/regwiz/regwiz.asp

or writing in:

mailto:[email protected]

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Reade Chen, MCSE, MCSD
    Online Support Professional
    Microsoft IT Communities
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

i have seen it...

i have seen that post myself, not much help there... but thanks.

i have seen someone that has done it, and got a customized reply myself, but i don't know how he did it and he won't tell me...

Yaniv Feldman
      MCSA, MCSE, MCT

Comment

Re: i have seen it...

Originally posted by yanivfel
        i have seen that post myself, not much help there... but thanks.

i have seen someone that has done it, and got a customized reply myself, but i don't know how he did it and he won't tell me...

It might not have been the answer to your question but I did at least deliver some insight.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

thanks again
          Yaniv Feldman
          MCSA, MCSE, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X