No announcement yet.

Connecting 2 exchange servers, different networks

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting 2 exchange servers, different networks

Please i have this sitation:
    I have 2 networks, and in every network there is a PDC and a additonal DC. these networks are phisically away from each other so i have to connect them usin a 2 mbps DSL line. In the first network i have exchange server 2003 installed. i would like to know which is the best way to send email from both ways?! i have 20 users in the first network and 60 in the other one. Do i need to install another exhange server in the other network? if yeas how i can connect them?
    How can i implement a trust relationship between these domains? Also i would like to implement a live communication using live communication server 2005. Please advice me how to implement all of these...
    Thank You!

Re: Connecting 2 exchange servers, different networks

Not enough information. Are the 2 domains part of the same forest? If yes, then you can either place another Exchange server in the other site, or host the second site's user mailboxes on the Exchange server in the first site. If the domains are in the same forest and you choose to only use one Exchange server in one of the domains then you must run setup /domainprep on the second domain, and that will allow you to create mailboxes for that domain's users.

Note you should install the Ex Management tools on one of the second domain's computers, plus manually create a Recipient Update Service for the second domain.

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services

Re: Connecting 2 exchange servers, different networks

Thank you very much Daniel!!! Your response clarified everything to me.