Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification about public folder replication

Hi,

I don't have much experience in administering public folders in Exchange 2003. I thought this is the best place to post where any one of the experts can best guide me

My scenario is...., I have exchange 2003 server hosting Public folders located at remote sites(connected to main office with slow links). And a structer of public folders are getting replicated with one of the server in Main office. One of the folder in this public folder structure is having around 10GB of data. If I delete the folder (containing 10GB of data) from Remote sites exchange server, will it cause any replication traffic to/from the main site? Ideally, speaking it should not....but I need the same clarification from one of the experts . I will be more happy if you can guide me through some MS link which tells about this.

Thanks,
    Sitaram

Re: Clarification about public folder replication

It will generate replication traffic in that the change has to be replicated to the other PF replicas. It shouldn't replicate the contents just messages regarding the delete.

Comment

So you mean to say that this replication traffic should not be the size of 10GB. It should send information amount the deleted folders/items. Right?

Comment

AFAIK, yes.

Comment

That is correct, you only get informational messages for each of the public folders that are deleted. So you will get a storm of traffic, so just allow for this traffic as you delete them, but it won't be anything like 10Gb!

Cheers

Stewart

Comment

Working...
          X