Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 user can't send

Hi
    I have 1 user that can't send email to another. They have never been able to send mail; I just found out. The mail goes but the recipient never receives it. All other users in the company can receive mail fine; except the 1 user. Any suggestions?

Re: 1 user can't send

Are both users local to the same Exchange server?

What happens when the sender requests a delivery receipt, do they get any NDR?

What does the Exchange message tracking show for emails sent from the user?

Comment

Are both users local to the same Exchange server? Yes

What happens when the sender requests a delivery receipt, do they get any NDR?
      No, no receipt

What does the Exchange message tracking show for emails sent from the user?
      It shows that is was successful. ..."Message delivered locally to store to ....."

The only different thing is that the user that is sending the mail is new; only 2 weeks. But I copied an existing (working) profile and edited the specifics.

Comment

So the message tracking says "message delivered locally to store to "email_address_of_recipient.com"?

Try starting outlook on the recipients computer from the Run command like this: outlook.exe /cleanviews

Also check for any rules in the recipients Outlook that may be taking some action on the senders email.

Comment

Will try...thx for the help !!

Comment

Hi this might seem lame but have you checked the users junk or spam folder and are both users on each others approved senders list if not add them and see if that fixes the problem. you would be supprised how many time this has happened to me.

I hope this helps.

Comment

If tracking shows that the message has been delivered I'd try to log in to OWA to see if the message is there. Try to create 'test' user and see if you can deliver message to them.
              Leave 'reputation' when deserved :

Comment

Working...
              X