Removed DC and Outlook Aks for UserName and Password for Exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed DC and Outlook Aks for UserName and Password for Exchange

Good morning. I had 2 domain controllers and 1 exchange server (virtual). Yesterday I used dcpromo to demote one domain controller ( dc2.domain.local ) to a member server, and then after that was completed and restarted, i removed that machine from the domain. My main DC ( dc1.domain.local ) is a global catalog server and is the operations master.
    Now when I open Outlook on my machine, I am presented with a user name and password prompt while trying to connect to exchsrv.domain.local. Imputting my domain credentials doesn't seem to work in it either.

I can only assume that demoting my second DC has caused this. What settings should I check to try and correct this? I'm a bit new to exchange and i'm just running it at home trying to learn so the only users affected are me. heh

Re: Removed DC and Outlook Aks for UserName and Password for Exchange

Is the remaining DC a GC? Did you transfer the FSMO roles to the remaining DC? If the answer to both questions is yes then the quickest solution is probably to reboot the Exchange server and let it rediscover the AD topology.

Comment

Yes I did make sure all the roles were properly set before demotion. Turns out though you are right.
      The simplest answer is the one that works. A reboot of the exchange server and Outlook connects as normal. Was able to send and receive normally. I just figured as massive changed to my AD network i had really screwed something up...hah

Thank you much.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
        X