Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help setting up more than one email domain (MX Records on single exchange server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help setting up more than one email domain (MX Records on single exchange server

Hey all,

I'm a little bit new to hosting more than one email domain, I have a question : -

We currently have a mail server at a datacentre we here we currently have an exchange server where we host mail for one of our clients. An MX records is setup for the domain to point to the public IP address of our mail server. As an example lets say the domain is jobloggs.com and mx record is mail.jobloggs.com. We want to add another domain eg (vinnyvekaria.com) for another client to the same mail server, the client has requested the FQDN of our mail server as they reccomend not using an IP Address for the MX record. Amy I right in saying that I can give the FQDN mail.jobloggs.com as the FQDN and they would point the MX record for their domain to mail.jobloggs.com and we would be bale to send and recieve mail for both domains?

Thanks in advance

Vinny

Re: Need help setting up more than one email domain (MX Records on single exchange se

That is correct. A few suggestions though:

1. If you're going to host email for multiple clients then make one MX record for "mail.yourcompanydomain.com" and use it for all clients instead of using the clients domain name.

2. Set the FQDN of the SMTP virtual server on your Exchange server to "mail.yourcompany domain.com".

3. Make sure you have a valid PTR record for "mail.yourcompanydomain.com" in your public DNS.

4. Make sure each client has a valid SPF record that points to "mail.yourcompanyname.com".

Comment

Working...
    X