• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete multiple e-mail addresses

Hello,

I have a sub-domain that I want to delete. E-mail addresses are as follow:

sub.domain.com
    example: [email protected]

Now everyone has a @domain.com e-mail address.

I thought I just delete the recipient policy but this is already gone but the addresses still excist.

Can someone tell me how to delete all the sub domain addresses?

Re: Delete multiple e-mail addresses

AFAIK, deleting the Recipient Policy will not delete the email addresses. You will have to do this manually on each user object.

Comment

i would recommend using ADModify. connect to a domain controller thru the MMC like interface, select the users from the ADUC-like display and move them to the right-hand column, then select all the names and find section on one of the tabs that is for removing additional email addresses. you can use a boolean/wildcard type patteren... like 'find all *@mydomain.com and delete the addresses with this suffix, and if that address is the primary, make the other primary first so i can delete it' which it will do for you.

this will allow you to change ALL accounts at the same time. should only take you 2 minutes.
      Last edited by James Haynes; 13th February 2008, 04:41.
      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Originally posted by James Haynes View Post
        i would recommend using ADModify.
        ADModify is my choice as well. Just test before you go for the entire domain...
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
          ADModify is my choice as well. Just test before you go for the entire domain...
          i agree. testing is free, but the benefits testing provides are priceless.

i have an OU called "test" with a few users like "Mr. IT Test" that logs on with "testIT" (get it, test it? heehe)

i always make sure to create the test accounts as close to the real ones as i can... i utilize the custom attribute extensions, test security groups, test contacts, and test GPOs.

i will run the entire procedure with the test accounts first, and when i am satidfied with the results, then i basically change the names or the query filters to match the real users.

the testing saved my arse just yesterday. i was creating/modifing the retention policy and just to be safe, i changed the filter and changed the action to "generate report only"

when i checked that inbox, i was immedantly aware of the fact i had deleted all testIT's emails...

it is esecially important when dealing with your entire org, like the subject of this thread.

J
          its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
          Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
          X