Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewing Exchange Quota via Outlook or AD but how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing Exchange Quota via Outlook or AD but how?

Hi friends,

I'm a new member of this excellent forum. First of all i want to say hi to everybody

If u let me i'll ask a special question to advanced users. Users are checking their mails via Outlook that is connected to a Exchange server. How can they view their quota without domain or exchange admin rights? They have only local admin rights. Or is there any tool for clients to learn their Exchange quota limit?

Thanks already.

Re: Viewing Exchange Quota via Outlook or AD but how?

In Outlook (2003)
    Right Click "Mailbox-username" in folder view
    Select Properties
    Click on Folder Size button in General tab
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for ur reply Ossian but this only shows your usage size. Not your entire quota/limit.

Comment

Apologies -- I thought that was what you were wanting.

Why not email users with their quota and let them check how far they are against it?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

In our company we have many staff with different capabilities and different jobs. So they have different quota limit. For example one of the accountants has 250 MB exchange limit. Or a manager has 1 GB of limit. Some of them don't know how much capacity they have. Imagine a script that shows their quota when double click on it or another way of viewing quota via 3rd aprty software. How can i handle it?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X