Auto Reply for Mail Enabled Public Folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Reply for Mail Enabled Public Folder

I've got my public folder mail enabled and I've got my exchange server enabled to auto reply.

I've got a rule set up through Outlook that any message sent to [email protected] with the word "test" in the subject be auto replied to using a specific message.

So I complete the rule and run it. I've already got 3 emails in my public folder that meet the requirements of the rule.

I don't get an auto response. Nothing happens.

I did notice that when ever I got to complete the message for the auto response, it appears like it doesn't save it.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, of if I'm even doing any of this right...

I'm off to the drawing board again.

Any help would be appreciated.
    My job consists of 30% luck, 50% knowledge and skill and 20% total BS.

Re: Auto Reply for Mail Enabled Public Folder

Funny, I just had this issue yesterday.
    Anyway go to Exchange system manger, Global settings, Internet Message Formats, right click default, properties, advanced, and check allow automatic replies.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

By rules, you mean folder assistant right?
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
        By rules, you mean folder assistant right?
        No, I created a Rule in Rules and Alerts through Outlook...

I've got my server set to allow automatic replies, I'm just having trouble getting it to actually reply automatically.

I have a template I want to use for the auto reply and the rule should be in effect and active. I've still got some more stuff to do today to test it. I'll keep ya'll updated.

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Okay, now I'm using Folder Assistant...

However, I have multiple mail enabled Public Folders and they are lumped into one folder named Info Emails. There's one sepcific folder that I'm trying to set up selective auto replies for.

I've got my rule in place using the Folder Assistant and I'm going to work on getting it to actually reply now.

Thanks for giving me tips and ideas.

Comment

Okay, it's set up. I granted Administrator "Send on Behalf" permissions on in Exchange Management Console.

Still nothing, and I think that my downfall, or failing point is the template, or form, that the folder assistant is asking me to use. I can't figure out how to save it, where to save it, or if I'm even saving what I already created in the right place to allow for auto replies.

thx again.

Comment

Okay, I've got everything set up correctly and I still can't get it to save the form I want to use for my auto reply (of course, when the form opens it's a normal email form and I'm not sure what to put in the "TO" section.)

I'm fairly certain that once I figure this out, it'll send perfectly. We're also going to avoid looping my having the subject line in the auto reply not contain anything that would cause it to trigger the autoreply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
              Todd

Comment

Only put a message in the body of the email, everything else, including subject should be blank.

Comment

Working...
                X