No announcement yet.

Exchange 2000 inetOrgPersonFix script not working

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2000 inetOrgPersonFix script not working

I'm trying to upgrade my Windows Server 2000 (with Exchange 2000) network to Windows Server 2003 by introducing a new Win2003 server and making it a domain controller. Because of a bug in the Win2k version of AD related to Exchange 2000, the Windows 2003 adprep/forestprep process will mangle some AD attributes related to Exchange, so I have to run a patch before running the Server 2003 adprep/domainprep process. The KB info on this issue is available here. My situation fits Scenario #2. There was a previous thread on this issue in these forums which can be found here, but it's closed now.

My problem is that the patch won't run correctly. Here is the output I get from running the script:

I tried a solution to manually fix the entries which is outlined in the other thread I linked to but it requires that you use ADSI Edit to modify the Schema attribute, and I don't have a Schema attribute in ADSI Edit.

The information in MS's KB article is very poorly worded, as I have the problem outlined in Scenario 2 (Exchange 2000 was installed before trying to run Win2003 ADPrep/Domainprep) yet the solution only applies to people with mangled attributes, which only happens after you've already run ADPrep/Domainprep. I'm trying to be proactive here, so I have not run ADPrep or Domainprep, as I'm trying to figure out what to do to avoid mangling anything in the first place. Has anyone had experience using this patch or have any input that might shed some light on things?