Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forward all incoming email from particular domain to another domain.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forward all incoming email from particular domain to another domain.

Hi,

Is it possible to forward all incoming email from a particular domain to another domain ?

Exemple, my Exchange server receives emails from domain Ourdomain.com. I would like to forward all emails incoming from this domain to the domain Thisdomain.com (whish is hosted elsewhere.).

Regards,

trep

Re: Forward all incoming email from particular domain to another domain.

I believe you may have to create a recipient policy for Ourdomain.com and all the associated email addresses in AD, then create contacts in AD for each Thisdomain.com email address, then forward each Ourdomain.com account to the corresponding Thisdomain.com contact.

If your mailserver cannot resolve Thisdomain.com, then you will need to create an SMTP connector which points to the IP of the responisble mailserver.

If you have 100's of addresses or they are constantly changing, this is not a very good solution.

Comment

Can you clarify:

Your Exchange server recieves email from [email protected] or your Exchange server recieves email for [email protected]?

Comment

Sorry, let me clarify:

First of all, the Exchange server would receive email for @ourdomain.com.

Then, it would forward the emails to another email server that itself is receiving emails for @thisdomain.com.

Inside the second email server, it's possible to setup rules that will let emails from (ie.) [email protected] be transfered to [email protected] (or any other adress we want inside thisdomain.com).

I don't think it's possible, since as soon as the second server will receive the email from domain ourdomain.com it will reject it since it's not configured to accept emails from this domain, even though rules would be created.

trep
        Last edited by trep; 8th February 2008, 20:15.

Comment

Why not just make the second server responsible for the ourdomain email?

Comment

It's a paid service, so we'd need to buy the service for the second domain, which isn't the point behind this.

Comment

Working...
            X