Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious 4.4.7 NDR

Good Morning,

I have some users that are attempting to send email to an iol.ie email address. However, all emails are delayed and eventually a NDR is
    returned:

Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.
    <FAX_FILE_SERVER.hsa.local #4.4.7>

Using nslookup I see that their mail server is hub.mail.esat.net.. I telnet into that machine, and seem to be able to send email through it..
    At least no error messages are returned. So I assume the test message reached the receipient..

If I look in the message tracking center, I see that the last event for one of the queued messages shows "Message transferred to hub12.mail.esat.net through SMTP".

I've added external DNS entries to the Default SMTP server, and added a masquerade domain on that same entry (mail.highersourceaviation.com).. I'm stumped after that.

If anyone would point me in the right direction, I would be ever so greatful.

Thanks
    David

Re: Mysterious 4.4.7 NDR

Got it...

RFC2821, section 4.1.2: Command Argument Syntax.. No email server can have an underscore in it's name.. I just changed the name of the virtual SMTP server..

Apperantly that one server was enforcing the rule..

Thanks
    David

Comment

Working...
    X