Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer network calendar sync with exchange for global calendar

Hey all,

Can somebody please explain how i can get all the calendar appointments to exchange 2003 from individual computers. we have just started using exchange so all the mailbox information is on pst files at the moment.

i have found this on the forum but i do not understand where exchanges calendar is, and am i correct in thinking this is a copy and paste action ? how will it update it self ?

Start:

What i would do is the following:

1. Have both the .PST data file and the exchange account open at the same time in Outlook.

2. Go to the calendar and change the view to arrange by Category. View > Arrange By > Current View > By Category.

3. Select all of the appointments in the .PST calendar and move them to the exchange calendar.

This should allow you to copy all of the appointments across to the exchange calendar without the need for 3rd party software.

End:

Re: computer network calendar sync with exchange for global calendar

Open the Exchange account. Select File | Import and Export. Select import from a file or another program. Select Personal Folder File. Browse to the pst file. Import. Done.

Comment

Thank you very much for replying.

Sorry i do not fullyunderstand as we've only just started using exchange. where do i find Exchange Account ? i can not find it in exchange system manager ? will that import everything like contacts and calendar appointments ? can i choose what information i want to import ?

Again sry if these questions sound dumb.

Comment

I assume the users have set up Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. If not, do that first. This will open their Exchange Account (mailbox) referred to above.

Then open their old PST file (FILE--OPEN--OUTLOOK DATA FILE) in most versions
        Find the calendar
        Drag & Drop items into the Exchange Mailbox Calendar

Same with all other Outlook folders
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes everybodys outlook is connected to exchange however we are still using pst files and have not got ride of them yet.

When i click on File in exchange the only things in there are "options" and "exit". when i click on options the only thing in there is "disk clean up - delet files" ? im not sure what exchange is ment to look like so is it ment to look like explorer ?

Comment

You have to change the storage location away from PST files. You have no option. While you have the storage set to PST files the content will not stay inside the mailbox Outlook will remove it.

Change the Delivery location in account settings to Mailbox and then import the PST file.

Simon
            --
            Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Working...
            X