Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to recover deleted emails with owa using the ?cmd=Showdeleted option...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to recover deleted emails with owa using the ?cmd=Showdeleted option...

Dear all,

I am trying to recover emails one of our users has accidentally deleted from his mailbox. I found an interesting article about recovering deleted items through Outlook (using a regkey with the words DumpsterAlwaysOn) or through OWA (with the ?cmd=Showdeleted option). When I try to do it with Outlook 2003, some newer deleted items are available to be recovered, but the ones I am looking for do not appear. When I try to do it with OWA and the ?cmd=Showdeleted option, I see 650 emails which I can restore. The emails with a "read status" (bold) I can recover easily, the ones I am looking for have an "unread" status (not bold) and when I click on them and choose the option "recover" nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this?

Erik

Re: Unable to recover deleted emails with owa using the ?cmd=Showdeleted option...

Any other odd behavior on the mailbox stores? Errors? I would consider performing an ISINTEG with the TEXT switch, see if it finds any errors.

Make sure you backup your IS before attempting any sort of repair on the stores.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Unable to recover deleted emails with owa using the ?cmd=Showdeleted option...

Hello Daniel, thank you for your reply. We have no other odd behavior on our mailbox stores. The ISINTEG command you mentioned needs an offline store? And what command do you mean exactly?

Comment

Anyone who can help us?

Comment

Dalkje, if you are not familiar with ISINTEG I'd suggest you get someone who is. This is not meant as fobbing you off just a precaution especially if you are going to run it against productions db.
          Leave 'reputation' when deserved :

Comment

Working...
          X