Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA Domain Password Change

Hi All,

I have spent the majority of the day today searching the web for information on how to "Auto-Populate" the fields "Domain" & "Account" when you are trying to change the users domain password through OWA... i have found many a thread related to this but non appear to hold an answer for me.

i am using Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise, 1 front end server, 1 backend server Windows 2003 Server Ent on both, and am not using FBA.

Im wondering if anyone has come across a fix for this? i have tried endless configs in IIS / editing ASP files and so on and non have worked.

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice/solution given to this issue.

Kind Regards

Dave

Re: OWA Domain Password Change

By default you can not change your password through OWA, but it can be enabled.

http://www.petri.com/enable_password...hange_2003.htm
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry i havent explained properly i know it isnt enabled by default, i have however enabled the password change functionality,

my question is... when you press "Change Password" within OWA and you ge the pop-up window you are presented with fields: Domain, Account, Old Password, New Password, Confirm New Password....

i want to AUTO populate the "Domain" and "Account" fields with the relevant information....

i hope that makes sense, many thanks again in advance

Comment

I don't believe that you can.
        You may be able to autopopulate the domain field by recoding the page, but not the account field.

Simon.
        --
        Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
        More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
        Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
        In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply, i am too beginning to think its impossible lol i could hard code the "Domain" field in, but what puzzles me is that the page code itself (See Below Snippets) attempts to fill these fields by default, but doesnt succeed, i have asked around and other ppl have said that it can be done, they just dont know how....

Default attempt to auto-populate:

<%
          On Error goto 0
          if Request.Form("cancel") <> "" then
          Response.Redirect(Request.QueryString)
          end if

dim domain, username, posbs, posat

username = Request.Form("acct")
          if username <> "" then
          username = Server.HTMLEncode(username)
          else
          username = Server.HTMLEncode(Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ USER"))
          end if

domain = Request.Form("domain")
          if domain <> "" then
          domain = Server.HTMLEncode(domain)
          else
          posbs = Instr(1, username, "\")
          posat = Instr(1, username, "@")
          if posbs > 0 then
          domain = Left(username, posbs - 1)
          username = Right(username, len(username) - posbs)
          elseif posat > 0 then
          domain = Right(username, len(username) - posat)
          username = Left(username, posat - 1)
          else
          set nw = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
          domain = nw.UserDomain
          end if
          end if

%>

--------------------------------------------------------

<table>
          <tr>
          <td><%=L_Domain_Text%></td><td><input type="text" name="domain" value="
          <%
          Response.Write domain
          %>
          "></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td><%=L_Account_Text%></td><td><input type="text" name="acct" value="
          <%
          Response.Write username
          %>
          "></td>

Many thanks in advance for any further assistance offered .....

Dave

Comment

Hi there.. I too struggled with this issue, but I di find the answer by modifiying one line in the aexp2b.asp file. The line is:

<td><%=L_Domain_Text%></td><td><input type="text" name="domain" value="

If you add the domain name to value="DOMAIN" It will auto populate... My problem is, it works from ouside the network but not inside.. Must be something about the way the Script authenticates on the inside. Give it a shot!!!
            ~Kevin.

Comment

thanks very much for your reply this works fine for the domain field for me, as mentioned i knew i could statically assign the domain value, but the username field is still not able to be dynamically filled in??? did you manage to get that also working on yours?

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Hey, I have been trying to do this as well and have found....
                If the user has not ever logged on and there AD account is set to change password at first login, when they log in the the OWA login screen they are redirected to a change password form that does not have domain and the username is autopopulated with the username entered in the previous form. This is because it is using basic authentication for this form and thus the server knows who the remote user is. when you click on the change password button from the options apge, this is anonymous auth and thus the server does not know who the remote user is and thus request.servervariable("remote_user") returns an empty string. If you change the file permissions on aexp2b.asp to basic, it will resolve the remote_user variable but you have to put a username/password into a wnidows box before getting to that so its kind of redundant. So i reckon what we need to do is somehow store the username from the initail login page into a session variable and then assign that to the textbox in aexp2b.asp. I will let you know if I get any further, and please let me know if you sort this

Comment

Working...
                X