Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store.exe increasing

Dear all,

I have a Exchange server 2003 running on Windows Server 2003. For the past few weeks, my users are having issue connecting to their Outlook 2003. When I check on the server usage, 2 of the applications are holding up memory of up to 600MB - SMEX & STORE.EXE. SMEX is Trend Micro for Exchange while the STORE is the exchange mailbox right? I have to restart the server every day so that my users can connect to their Outlook. Under System Manager (Exchange), smtp i have up to 80 queues of email that are stuck - still 'retrying' to send out. Yesterday, I dismount the store & run eseutil / isinteg with no errors. I removed the Trend Micro Application for exchange as well. Til today, smtp queues seems all right & my users have no issue connecting to their Outlook. I will have to monitor the email status again.

Pls advise whether the Trend Micro APplication is the main problem to my Exchange STore & SMTP Queues? I m wondering what caused all the 'hanging' Pls advise. Well appreciated.

Re: Store.exe increasing

Without a doubt, Trend is causing the problem. It is fairly normal and expected behavior for the store process to allocate a large amount of RAM (up to and exceeding 1GB in some environments). The backed-up queues is a good indication that Trend is putting too much load on the server. My suggestion would be to put Trend on another server (which in essence becomes an SMTP proxy or smart-host).

Comment

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the info. So far after the removal of Trend Application, the server seems pretty stable w/o hanging every morning for the past 4 days. However, the queues under the exchange server increased to 5000+ of emails been queued. Pls advise how I can clear up the queue? Thanks & appreciate much.

Comment

Is your Exchange server configured to use a smarthost? Can the Exchange server resolve DNS in order to locate MX records?

Comment

Hi Sir,

Exchange is not using a smarthost. I tried nslookup on my exchange domain but get a message saying 'no mail exchange.......' kindly advise if i am doing the right thingy of checking? Thanks.

Comment

So you're saying that nslookup fails? What happens when you run this from a command prompt:

nslookup (enter)
            set type=mx (enter)
            microsoft.com (enter)

Comment

Hi Sir,

I can see all the 3 mail records for my server with priority 10 / 15 & 20. Does that means that my MX record is working fine?

Comment

What happens when you run nslookup on the Exchange server to resolve external MX records (microsoft, google, etc.)?

Comment

Hi Sir,

I am able to see the records.

However after clearing all the SPAMs under the queues, reinstall Trend Micro application, it seems to work all right now with no more queues. Hope everything is cool. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X