Attachment Size - Cannot increase !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment Size - Cannot increase !

I am having problems receiving large attachments, so I have set about increasing the limit, in Exchange 2003 SP2.

I want to increase the limit for all users, as I only want to increase it to about 30mb.

I have gone into ESM, Global Settings, and in the properties of Message Delivery, i have set "Receiving Message Size" to 30720 kb.
    I have then gone into the user account settings in AD, and under "delivery restrictions", use default limit is set.

Unfortunately i still cannot receive emails larger than about 6mb.
    I have also restarted the machine.

Any ideas where I am going wrong ?

Re: Attachment Size - Cannot increase !

Hi,

Check at the store level. Because if default limit is set that means it is inheriting the same from store. Check the store settings or policy if any mail-box store policy is applied there.

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

I cannot find anywhere at store level to edit these settings.
      I have found in the SMTP settings, that there is a limit there, but this was already set to 20480.
      I have changed this to 10240, to cover all bases.

Will reboot and see if this has had an affect.

Comment

Hey......

I am sorry for my previous post. Actually mail-box size was in my mind so just leave that. You can not set sending or recieving message size limit at store level.

But this might be your case:

Actually it's a known issue that Exchange accepts the least limit from sending or recieving. For more info just have a look at the below article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298572

Regards,
        Kapil Sharma
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Working...
        X