No announcement yet.

Rpc- Over Http

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rpc- Over Http

I am using Exchange server 2003 and my all users is accessing mailbox from RPC-OVER HTTPS in Microsoft outlook, It was working fine without issue.

But I have changed now my exchange server IP and also I have changed all the dns record, now I am able to access OWA from any location,and also no problem with email send / receive, but I could not connect with RPC-OVER HTTPS from remote location I was all working fine before IP change, it gives error "server name could not resolve or mailbox name not found" but I have waited 24 hour, infect dns is resolving from client pc by PING, NSLOOKUP, etc

Is there any changes I have to do about RPC-OVER HTTPS?
    Last edited by dakshespatel; 12th January 2008, 08:53. Reason: mistake

Re: Rpc- Over Http

ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns

try that. also check your hosts file
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Rpc- Over Http

You shouldn't need to make any changes to the RPC over HTTPS configuration. However as it uses web interfaces I would start with that. Ensure that you can use OWA using HTTPS form the machine. If you cannot then the problem is not with RPC over HTTPS. Test it inside the network as well. If it works inside but not outside then it is the firewall, DNS or something like that.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.