Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTP Error 403 when logging into OWA 2003

Hi,
    I have a customer with Windows Server 2003 SBS that has a user that cannot login to OWA getting a "HTTP Error 403 Access Denied", you can login to OWA from the same computer with another user. It's not a new user and it has worked before.
    I've changed the password but that didn't help and when I try to connect via POP that doesn't work either but it works if I use another user.

Do you have any suggestions?

Re: HTTP Error 403 when logging into OWA 2003

Hi,

If it's specific to one user only then Re-create the ID and link the mailbox.

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

What would be the best way to do this?

Comment

Hi,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274343

But do not forget to take the backup of group member-ship before deleting the user.

Regards,
        Kapil Sharma
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I gave another user rights to the mailbox and through outlook I could then connect t othe mailbox and export it to a PST-file.

I then deleted the mailbox and then the user, ran the mailbox management process and then the cleanup agent whereafter I also removed the mailbox.
          Then I created the User object again and at the same time created a new mailbox but the same problem exists.

I then created a new user which hasn't existed earlier and that user works just fine right away.

So now I removed the problem user again with it's mailbox after which I discovered that the user is still listed in the gobal address list so I believe this might be the problem.

How do you remove a user that doen't exist from the Global Address list?

Comment

Hmmm.

I think that you are using cache mode of outlook....... So just try to disable cache mode and try then.

Regards,
            Kapil Sharma
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X