Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intellisync mail is deleted from Exchange mailbox when phone is syncronized.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellisync mail is deleted from Exchange mailbox when phone is syncronized.

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with Nokia Activesync and Exhange?
    My problem is that mail is deleted from Exchange mailbox when phone is syncronized or the mail is read. This has happened to 2 of my clients. They get the mail in both phone and mailbox but when the mail is opened/read in the phone it gets deleted from the Exchange mailbox. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks - Jamm

Re: Intellisync mail is deleted from Exchange mailbox when phone is syncronized.

what model of phone do you have? are you using mail for exchange for nokia?

being that the phone is not windows mobile nor a true activesync device, i would think that your best solution may come from the nokia people, as they deal specifically with nokia phones and nokia software....

Nokia Support Discussions Board
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: Intellisync mail is deleted from Exchange mailbox when phone is syncronized.

Are you sure the phones are using activesync and not POP3? It sounds like the mail is being downloaded to the phone and deleted from the mailbox when it is read, which sounds like a POP3 connection to me.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        Are you sure the phones are using activesync and not POP3? It sounds like the mail is being downloaded to the phone and deleted from the mailbox when it is read, which sounds like a POP3 connection to me.
        thats what it sounds like. i am assuming the internal clients are using an IMAP connection? they arent POP3, thus the items arent deleted when viewed internally...

what information did you supply on the phone to configure the account?

the Intellisync package includes support for Exchange, Domino, IMAP, POP3, XML...

so again, what did you do to set up the phone?
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
        X