Accessing Exchange Server via Smartphone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing Exchange Server via Smartphone

My brother and I both use Tmobile Dash smartphones. I had no problem connecting and syncing to our Exchange Server (2003), but my brother cannot connect. he is using the same user name and password as in Outlook, but he gets an error that the server cannot be connected. However, when tried using his phone and resetting the user name and password to match my account, it successfully connected to Exchange and started syncing.

Any ideas why his account cant connect and mine can? We are absolutely sure we are using the correct settings (since we just copied those that work from my phone) so I am stumped.

Thanks, David

Re: Accessing Exchange Server via Smartphone

Reported to admins for move to Exchange forum

Have you checked that his account in ADUC is fully Exchange enabled?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am not that up to speed with the use of our Exchange Server (our IT guy just quit so I am stuck on my own for now), so could you explain to me how to check that?

Comment

On the Exchange Server, go into All Programs--Microsoft Exchange--Active Directory Users and Computers

Navigate to your user account, double click on it and look at the properties in the Exchange tabs, specifically the Exchange Features tab

Do the same for your brother's account and look for differences
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

can your brother succesfully connect to OWA using his name and password?
          its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
          Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
          X