Offline defrag w/USB drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline defrag w/USB drive

Ok I did a serch for offline defrag with usb and came up 0 hits so here goes.
    My exchange store is about 86 Gb and I have less then 110% space for the offline defrag. I was wondering IF I connected a USB drive to the Exchange server could I use that space? Then How would I get the store to go back on to the D drive.
    more info on the set up:
    I have an email archive going in place so all email older then 90 day will be deleted ( this should make my store very small). The size of D drive is 123 Gb and the free space is 33 Gb. Were running one exchange 2003 with all the updates current ( to the best of me knowlage). If you need some more information Please ask.

Re: Offline defrag w/USB drive

http://www.petri.com/defragment_exch..._databases.htm

This article tells you how to redirect the files near the end.

Is there any particular reason you're doing an offline defrag? Just worried about free space on the drive?
    CCA: XenApp 5.0

Comment

The two reasons are I would like to get the store under 75 GIGs, the size of the store is now just over 86 GIGs. The other is I running out of space on the volume.
      If there is a different way to get the space back I willing to listen to it.
      Thanks I'll be checking out that link tonight.

Comment

83GB database? You've got to be on Exchange 2003 Enterprise right?
        CCA: XenApp 5.0

Comment

Since you're probably using Enterprise edition you could look into splitting the store into smaller stores and try to enforce some mailbox quotas.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X