Exchange 2000 IM problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2000 IM problems

Does anyone know why my I keep getting an error when trying to connect to my IM server? Keep saying service is temp unavailable, try back later.
    I Have Exchange 2k. Fully updated with SP's.
    Thanks

More info is needed

You need to supply more info, otherwise it'll be a guesswork, and we don't want to do that, do we?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

More info

I have created my virtual server for IM in Exchange. I am using my default web site and it is running, also my w3 service is running. I have enabled IM in AD for my users and AD does fiind the IM server by name. Exchange does work for email. I have installed the latest IM client on my Wkstn.
      Hope this helps.

David

Comment

Did it ever work? What SP? Did you follow the exact steps outlined here?

http://www.petri.com/configure_im_in_e2k.htm

http://www.petri.com/configure_im_srv_in_e2k.htm
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I only installed it yesterday and has not worked. I have followed your instructions to a tee. I have even deleted my Vserver for IM and restarted the whole thing. The message I get is a service is not available. Is there a service just for IM?

Comment

The obvious question is

DID YOU INSTALL THE DAMN IM SERVICE man? Or do you expect it to work like a magic or what?

Anyway, if you did install it try looking for the IM virtual server in E2K ESM.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X