Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mail forwarding rules

Hi ,

We are using exchange 2000 and in client machine we are using Microsoft Outlook XP . Now i want to create the off line rules e.g if mail comes from a particular user it will forward automatically to the internal user even if the mailbox is not open in his pc , ..i mean even mail comes on sunday and user is not avialble , even thaugh that particular mail will be worded to the another user...

I have make one rule but this will forward the mails only when the mailbox is open in his pc , but my situation is different so can anyone please help me in this ...

Thanks in advance ...

Kathy

Re: mail forwarding rules

Some OL rules are client-only rules, meaning that they only work when the OL client is open. For forwarding email you can simply add the target email as a contact in AD, mail-enable it, and config the original recipient's user account to fwd the mail to the target contact.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Hi ,

I got your point , and i have already try it ...but the thing is i need to forward only one specific mail which is coming on that id , so how can i do it , if i enable a mail enable contact then it will forward all the mails ...also is this microsoft out look xp version support offline mail forwarding ? i mean if suppose mailbox is closed on sunday will it be forward that particular mail ?

Please help ...

Kathy

Comment

You can use the Out Of Office Assistant to fwd mail to particular addresses on specific days. As I said, OL can do server-side rules, but it depends on what the rule does. For example, if you fwd to a contact, then it has to be open for it to run, but if you fwd to an entry in the GAL... well, look for yourself.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I have been trying to do this as well. If an email is received from person A to person B, forward a copy to person C. It can be done with Outlook rules, but the client meust be left on.

I have been experimenting with GFI mail utilities and the monitor feature, but have been unable to get it to work so far.

Comment

Kathy,

check out this website it may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281926

HTH
            gaaq

Comment

Originally posted by gaaq View Post
              Kathy,

check out this website it may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281926

HTH
              Isn't that what I said 2 posts ago?

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

exchange mail server relay problem

Hy Petri,

I have a big problem with mai EX Server 2003
                I configured AD with mai domain , I install EX Server 2003 . After configuration I can send mail between local users ( AD user ) but ai can't send mail to an external user ( like yahoo user ) it coming back with this error : A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.
                I read some forums and it seems to be from mai dns server but I don't know how to configur to send mail form mai server tu externel user.

pls, if u know how to resolve it ( i need a respons for a noob, step by step ) post it for me . Tnks!

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

Why did you hijack this thread? Open one of your own if you need to. Make sure you read the forum rules before doing so.
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                  X