Blank message bodies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank message bodies

I'd like some input if possible. Here are the specifics of my issues.

We ran out of space on the Exchange Server DB drive over the thanksgiving holiday. The stores disconnected. I was able to clean up space (approx 6GB) by removing some files not associated with Exchange.

I then remounted the stores. Some of the users in our environment use Outlook in Cached mode...they are ok. It's the users who didn't that are the problem. For example, one user whom has a number of subfolders under the inbox. The contents of those folders is fine but any message in the inbox or sent items is missing the body text and any rich files such as gifs and any attachments come up as corrupt when you attempt to open them.

I don't have any messages in the application or system log that would point to a problem but everything I've attempted hasn't helped. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Re: Blank message bodies

can you see the messages in OWA?

try to logon with OWA and see if you can see the body...

it looks like a problem with content conversion somewhere. are the clients that are using the cached mode setup as MAPI connections?

i wonder if the messages are like that forever now? thats strange...
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: Blank message bodies

Originally posted by James Haynes View Post
      can you see the messages in OWA?

try to logon with OWA and see if you can see the body...

it looks like a problem with content conversion somewhere. are the clients that are using the cached mode setup as MAPI connections?

i wonder if the messages are like that forever now? thats strange...
      Thanks for the reply.

I've logged into OWA and also attempted to setup the user on a new computer. Both options display the same result...no message bodies for old messages in teh inbox and sent items. Remember, all other old message display correctly as long as they were in a subfolder. Any new message displays correctly. I'm assuming the cached clients are automatically setup as MAPI connections.

God I hope the messages are not blank forever...The main mailbox with the problem is the corporate VP... and he's quite anxious about his mail.

I've run isinteg but no errors were detected in the DB.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X