Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defrag E2K3 database on another computer

Hi,

Is it possible to defrag en E2K3 database on an another computer than on the exchange server one ? My .EDB is nearly 18Gb and the .STM file is nearly 20 Gb.
    As is haven't got enough free hard disk (only 15 Gb) and the server is an IBM with USB 1.1 port (so very slow one), i would like to know if i can copy both .EDB and .STM file to another computer and using ESEUTIL on that computer (under
    W2003 or XP or Vista system)?

Regards

Thierry

Re: Defrag E2K3 database on another computer

And finally I found this information on Microsoft website
    How to run Eseutil on a computer without Exchange Server, article Q244525.

Exchange Server 2003
    1. Create a new folder on the computer that does not have Exchange Server 2003 installed.
    2. Copy the Eseutil.exe, Ese.dll, Jcb.dll, Exosal.dll, and Exchmem.dll files from the Exchange Server 2003 computer's Drive:\Exchsrvr\Bin folder to the new folder that you created.
    3. At a command prompt, change directory to the new folder.
    4. Run the eseutil command from this folder against any databases that were copied from the Exchange Server 2003 computer.

Regards,

Thierry

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X