Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Exchange 5.5] Blocking user from Being sent emails to External

Hi,

I know this exchange version is not listed in here for any discussion, but i wonder if some1 can help me to achieved this.

I want to block all the users from being exchanging external emails and allow only the people who have permission to send outbound emails.

Can i do that with Exchange 5.5?
    How that can be achieved.

BR,
    Habibalby
    ================================
    HND: Higher National Diploma in
    Computer Science(IT)

Passed:
    MCSA+Security 2003, VCP3, VCP4
    Done:VMware DSA
    ================================[/COLOR]

Re: [Exchange 5.5] Blocking user from Being sent emails to External

Off the top of my head, probably the easiest way to manage this is in 5.5 is by creating a distribution list which contains only the recipients in your GAL who you want to be able to send email externally.

Then go to the Delivery Restrictions tab on the Internet Mail Service and set it so that it will only accept mail from this distribution list, and therefore only those who are a member of the distribution list will be able to send externally.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I will try that. It means this can be done from the Internet Connector itself.

Thanks,
      Will get back to u
      Computer Science(IT)

Passed:

Comment

Thank you very much for this help. However, I have created the Distrubtion group and assigned all the users who are permited to send external emails, and added them the IMS Connector in the Connection category to the Accept Messages, and then added the Group which i have created. I have stopped and restarted the IMS Service, tested it with one user is not belongs to that group, but still he is able to send external emails. Then i have added this user to the Reject Messages from, without stopping and restarting the service it works.

Does that mean, i have to create two Groups, 1 Deny Users and add all the users who are not allow to exchange external emails and add it to the Reject Messages From and create another group to Allow users to exchange external emails and add it to the Accept Messages From?

Thanks,
        Computer Science(IT)

Passed:

Comment

Working...
        X