Send/Recieve Error 0x8004011d

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send/Recieve Error 0x8004011d

I have a user that can't connect to our exchange server. 1 user out of over 100, everybody else is working ok. She came in this morning, and was prompted for credentials upon opening Outlook 2003. She said that it was working last night. Entered those, and Outlook tried to connect, then went to disconnected. I have turned cached mode on and off, deleted the Outlook profile and recreated, turned RPC on and off, still same issue. When I do Send/Recieve, the error is: 0x8004011d, the Exchange server cannot be contacted. Can ping the server by name, fqdn, IP, they all work. When recreating the account, and clicking on Check Name, it resolves the server name, and user name.

I've been banging my head on this for awhile, and i'm out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Network Setup:
    Win2003 Domain
    Exchange 2003
    XP SP2 workstations
    Office 2003

Re: Send/Recieve Error 0x8004011d

Was the user forced to change there password recently?
    If yes; check user accounts in control panel, advanced tab, manage passwords button. Clear out any entries that are there.

Log off client machine.
    Change password on DC.
    Log on using new password.

If that does not work, can they get to OWA internally?
    File shares?
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Sorry, I meant to put that in my initial post. OWA works. I set Outlook to prompt for username/pwd, and put in the same creds. as in OWA, same issue.

Also, I have tried setting this user's account up on different PC's with the same result. If I setup my mailbox on this PC, it works fine.

Comment

can you humor me and check anyway?
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Well, I went to check the settings that you mentioned, and i looked at the PC, and now Outlook is connected. I went to the other PC i was testing with, and setup the account, and it worked this time. Another miracle.

The only thing I can think of that I changed that would've taken this long to kick in would be the mailbox size limits. If her mailbox was too big, would it prevent her from connecting to it all together?

Other than that, I have no idea what changed.

Comment

Working...
          X