Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journaling only ONE user?

Hi,
    Due to some problems in my organization, i'm been asked to monitor one particular user account in my exchange server. To be more specific, they want to BCC every email she sends or she receives. Can this be done? I've been reading that exchange server can handle journaling, but i dont want to enable it since i'm only interested in one particular user, not the whole Storage database.

Please any help will be grateful!

tnks,

Re: Journaling only ONE user?

Sorry... already figure it out. Didnt see the little box "Deliver message to both forwarding adress and mailbox"...

Tnks anyway!!!

Comment

This won't take care of messages she sends, only the ones she recieves.

Comment

Hi,

AFAIK journalling can only be used to monitor messages per mailbox store. Depending on what version of exchange you had could you not just create a new mailbox store (Call it the naught boy / girl mailbox store) and move the users account onto that store.

They wont know what store there on etc (Just remember to back up the store as well incase it's needed as evidence)

Hope this helps

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the tip, m80arm. That could be one solution.

The good thing about this particular situation is that the "naughty girl" is sending and receiving mails from some other guy inside my organization, so i can forward both mailboxes to another email and see what they write beetwen each other. We asume they are having an affair jejeje

Comment

Why is them having an affair an issue? If they're misusing corporate resources, then fair enough; but their activity outside work is beyond your jurisdiction.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Microsoft's CIO got fired last week for having an affair with someone he shouldn't have done.

Another option would be the third party tool selective journaling from ivasoft.biz.

Simon.
              --
              Simon Butler
              Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
              More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
              Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
              In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Microsoft's CIO got fired last week for having an affair with someone he shouldn't have done.
                Fair enough; but firing someone for that reason alone would not be lawful in the UK. The reason for firing would have to be related to their work.

Apart from that I think anyone you have an affair with, you shouldn't have done LOL.

Tom
                For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
                  Apart from that I think anyone you have an affair with, you shouldn't have done LOL.
                  I disagree. If Emma Bunton came up to me a said "take me, I'm all yours!" I would have to .

Michael
                  Michael Armstrong
                  www.m80arm.co.uk
                  MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
                    I disagree. If Emma Bunton came up to me a said "take me, I'm all yours!" I would have to .

Michael
                    That's a higher Law... Emma Bunton and a few others are beyond the normal Law of Affairs... I think to the extent that even my Wife would understand my compliance

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
                      That's a higher Law... Emma Bunton and a few others are beyond the normal Law of Affairs... I think to the extent that even my Wife would understand my compliance
                      I know mine wouldn't
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The thing is that this "naughty girl" is receiving threats from someone, via email, and those emails are being CC to some other people inside the organisation (for example, the bosses of the naughty girl)...

So basically we dont care about their affair, but people are complaining about receiving this kind of emails....

Comment

1. If they are being CC'ed (as opposed to being BCC'd) then you should be able to see who is getting them.

2. Why don't you speak to the person sending the threatening emails or call the authorites?

3. I would be more concerned about "naughty girls" safety then someone else's annoyance about receiving the emails.

4. You're focused on "naughty girl" when you should be focused on the person making threats. Or rather you should get the proper managers and/or authorities focused on the person making the threats.
                          Last edited by joeqwerty; 15th November 2007, 03:20.

Comment

The threats are being send from a yahoo mail account. The IP in the Header's email doesnt tell me much about the sender.

This isnt the first time "naughty girl" gets involved with someone inside the organisation.

Apparently is someone she used to dated and got jelous about her new affair.

Comment

If the person sending the email works at the same organization can't the manager(s) go speak to him. Even if the headers don't tell you who the sender is "naughty girl" should have a pretty good idea of who it is, unless she has dated everyone at the company.

Comment

Working...
                              X