Strange Missing Email Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Missing Email Problem

I have an internal email problem, one user can not receive email from another user. The strange part is that there is no bounce back of the email and the tracking system in exchange says that the email was delivered locally to the user it was intended for. When i check the exchange logs they also say that the email was deliverd. There are no rules defined in the user's outlook or any junk mail filters. So as far as i can see the email should be there, exchange says its there but we can not see it. Tearing my hair out now please help.

Mark

Re: Strange Missing Email Problem

just some more imnformation that my be useful.

I am running exchange 2003 and outlook 2003. Have tried sending mail from OWA and checking for the incomming mail on OWA. Also have logged on as both users on different computers with roaming profiles but with no luck.

Other areas that may have caused issues: recently put mail limits on user mailboxes but have removed them from the mailboxes concerned to rule that out.

Comment

Make sure that the affected recipient is not grouping the Inbox and causing the email not to be seen. You can also try starting Outlook from the Run command with the following options:

outlook.exe /cleanrules
      outlook.exe /cleanviews

This will delete any rules (save them before doing this) and views the user has.

Comment

clearing the rules worked fine, must have had a rogue rule that was hidden or something. Thank you very much!

Comment

Glad to help. Rules and Views are stored in the mailbox and Exchange database and sometimes they get hosed up. This is one of the first things I do to determine if they are the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X