X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible Messages

Hello all

I have a strange issue.

One user sometimes gets messages but they could not be seen in outlook client. (it's not a rule or filter issue, cause it happens on other workstations that opens his mailbox).
    He knows he has an "invisible" message because theres an indication on new mail but he cant see it).

Also, if we access his mailbox via webaccess the mail is visible without any problems.

Another thing is that i realized that it always messages from the same person or a follow-up message from other recepient but with the problematic recipient.

* anyone have an idea how and why it happens ?
    * is there any way to send mail that will be invisible to outlook ?

Thank you for any help !!!

Re: Invisible Messages

Check to see if he has a filter applied to his Outlook Inbox view; also check that he is not using a "view" which obscures these messages. Select "View: Messages with Auto-Preview" and remove any filters from the inbox.

Depending on the version of Outlook he has it will likely say "Inbox............................................ .....Filter applied" on the title bar of the right-hand window pane.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

TNX But !!!!!

I don't see the relevance of your suggestions because....

Like i mentioned, it appens even if i open his mailbox on other workstations.

Maybe i dont understand, but if you apply a filter to a view, it applies only to the current workstations and not on others !?

What do you say about that ?

TNX again

Comment

I'm pretty sure that views are stored in the Exchange database. Try starting Outlook from the Runbox like this: outlook /cleanviews

Comment

Joe is right. Your chosen views etc and any filters you apply are stored in/with your mailbox.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

OK

Good to know.

One more thing, can i reset views on other client or should i do this only on the client the user made the filter ?

cause i dont have access to his workstation and he's not a user a can ask him to check thing and do changes.

TNX again

Comment

Are you the person officially designated to support his Outlook issues? If so then you have access to his workstation. If he won't let you "touch" his machine, then close the call and/or escalate it to your/his manager(s).

Tom

Comment

It's complicated

Because i cant get to his workstation, he is working on another branch, and because he is not an hi-tech person, he can tell me if he done that filter and on what workstation. (he has two desktops, each on every branch and a laptop).

Anyway, can i log in to another workstation with his details and reset views so it will apply to the views on the exchange ?

TNX again

Comment

As you have mentioned that he is getting the same kind of view on all the machines then you must get the same view on your machine also where you will configure his profile.

As it seems that this view is saved on server so you will be able to resolve it from your machine.

But if you do not get this view in your machine then it would indicate that the view has been changed on the machines locally where that user is accessing his profiles and you need to fix it on user's machines individually.

Regards,
                  Kapil Sharma
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Working...
                  X