No announcement yet.

exchange 2003 message tracking database corrupted

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange 2003 message tracking database corrupted

Hi please help

when i use the message tracking tool i am receiving quite a few error messages, i think it is one error message for every log file i have, this is just one of them

The tracking database file \\\e000af4a.lo g is corrupted near byte offset 2477786

like i say there is loads of them, what we have done in the last few weeks is we have moved our mailserver logs to a diff partion on the sever becouse of space,

everything else is fine no probs, but i really need to get this working.

any info would be great, i have had a look around but cant really find a lot about it.

many thanks

Re: exchange 2003 message tracking database corrupted

1. Can you open the logs using notepad?
    2. Did you move the log file location from the server properties tab in the ESM or moved them manually?
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

One more thing - message tracking logs, as important as they are for you - are only logs telling you how the mail was transferred by your server. In the worst case scenario, the worst thing that happens is that you will lose the logs generated so far, and you will be able to track from that point forward.

BTW, do you have the setting to delete older logfiles configured? You might want to set that one in order to prevent accumulation of lots of logs.

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services

This is what worked for me.

I suggest you delete or move the old files. Then recreate the log files.

1. Open Exchange System Manager, expand ‘Servers’.
        2. Right-click on your SERVER and then open its Properties pane.
        3. In the General tab, disable the 'Message Tracking' temporarily, and then remember the log file path. Such as, "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\FOLDER.log".
        4. Delete or move the log files from that path. Such as, "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\FOLDER.log".
        5. Enable the 'Message Tracking' again.

I went to the following path, "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\FOLDER.log". I seen a newly created log file being generated. Then I went into the 'Message Tracking Center' and tried again... No more errors.

I hope this helps.