Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to send or receive large file attachement (was: HELP !!! Exchange 2000 !!!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to send or receive large file attachement (was: HELP !!! Exchange 2000 !!!)

Hi,

Our server: Windows 2000 SP4 with Exchange 2000 SP3 was running great since this morning.
    We started to get complain from users who are unable to send or receive large file attachement (5MB and more). The setup wasn't change.
    Clients are Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003.
    The only symptom is everybody who gets this problem have this error messge about "cannot reading pane"
    I have no error in event logs at stations and server.

Any idea are welcome to resolve asap.

Here more informations.....

Client (Oulook 2000 ou Exchange 2003) send an attached to outside = recipient gets it ok
    Client (Oulook 2000 ou Exchange 2003) send small text email to outside = recipient gets it ok

Client (Oulook 2000 ou Exchange 2003) send an attached to inside = recipient gets error and sender gets another error
    Client (Oulook 2000 ou Exchange 2003) send small text email to inside = recipient gets error and sender gets another error

Here the exact Message:
    "This item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane, Open the item to read its contents."

When opening it:
    "Cant't Open Item"

ESEUTIL /D
    and
    isinteg -s server1 -fix -test alltests (2 times no errors)

have been run

The database size is about 13GB.

Help is needed !

Regards

Re: HELP !!! Exchange 2000 !!!

Hi,

I finally found it ........ the C: was full.!!!

Did clean up and run great now.

(FYI, why the C: was ful on this server: The previous tech has installed the server with 8GB on the C: and 100GB on the D:, I plan the move the Pagesys to the D: asap I will get 2GB free on the C:, the system is Raid5 1 logical disk 2 partitions.)

Regards,

Comment

I suggest you choose a better title for your thread, next time; people are known to get banned around here for not reading the rules. Check them out, and make sure you're familiar with them for next time

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thanks for your reply,

I understand the fact of better title/description. The reason is because the company was down a part of the day, during the evening I ran all tests and diagnostics. I was in middle of the night and desperately looking for some advises. At the moment I created the Topic I really needed help because the server was just getting worst. Like you see in my previous comment I found the reason of this problem.

Thanks again for all of you in the Petri's Forum community

Comment

Sorry, but that just won't wash. You have 40 posts here over 4 years -- you should know the ways of this forum.

"Help -- Exchange 2000" covers everything from "where can I get it" to "My Exchange Server just attacked me" to "I think Exchange 2000 is Superman and will save the world for me". I won't mention the exclamation marks....

"Exchange 2000 users cant send large attachments"
          is a much more descriptive and accurate topic title. You might even have got some help with it.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Once again I am sorry, I do not want to have fight over this title. I make a mistake and I admit it. Like I explained I was in middle of the night tired and without a clue for this problem.

Please can we move one and or delete this post.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by anormand View Post
              Once again I am sorry, I do not want to have fight over this title. I make a mistake and I admit it. Like I explained I was in middle of the night tired and without a clue for this problem.

Please can we move one and or delete this post.

Regards.
              Thank you for the above explanation to the "misnamed" title.

The thread/post shall NOT be deleted because you found a solution to your problem AND you took the time to post it back here. That alone is greatly appreciate because it may be of help to another reader or member in the future, so it stays. Also, well done on taking less than 1 hour to rectify the problem after you first posted.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X