No announcement yet.

Users receive 'only from' domain users & via SMTP connec

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users receive 'only from' domain users & via SMTP connec

We have a group of users in AD who are only allowed to send & receive email from people within the same Exch 2k3 domain but there's a but.

To prevent them sending outside via the X.400 connectors we have a delivery restriction on the connectors stating 'reject' email from 'this group'.

To stop people from the outside sending to them we have a delivery restriction on the actual user accounts in AD stating receive 'only from' the domain group.

This all works well but how do I let this group of users receive email coming via the SMTP connector.

Can I create an SMTP group in AD that includes all users with a certain domain extension, e.g. *.edu.

I'm not sure I understood what you wanted to do with that group, but anyway, you can easily create an SMTP connector to the Internet and let them go through it, it won't affect your X.400 connectors.

So if I didn't get it right please do come back and try to clarify exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish.

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services

We have an SMTP connector.

The delivery restriction on the users in AD only allows them to receive mail from users within the AD domain as they are not allowed to receive from the X.400 connectors. But we need them to receive from the SMTP connector.

I have removed the X.400 addresses from these users and undone the restriction explained above. I am currently testing this to see if it helps in what we are trying to achieve.