Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing Exchange from a New Domain

Hi everyone,
    I have a question that i hope there will be an easy answer to. We have a domain ABC.COM, we are setting up a new domain XYZ.COM for a new company that we are forming that eventually the current one will be rolled into as a child domain. I have a full transitive trust between both domains, and things along that route are working fine.

I have run ForestPrep and DomainPrep on the new domain and forest for the installation of Exchange 2003. I have installed Exchange Systems Manager on one of the domain computers. We haven't setup the actual Exchange Server portion of it yet. We are trying to configure the System Manager from domain XYZ.COM to be able to see and configure data in the Exchange organization located in ABC.COM domain.

Does anyone know how i would do this?

In 5.5 you used to be able to right click and say connect, and then point it to the exchange server you were trying to manage, but i don't seem to have that option on this one.

Any assistance would be greatly apprecaited.

thanks

app

Re: Managing Exchange from a New Domain

The computer that is running the ESM must be a part of the Forest/Org it will be managing.

Use RDP instead...
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X