LDAP not listed in protocol list in exchange 2000 system manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP not listed in protocol list in exchange 2000 system manager

I have an exchange related problems and would need someone to help me out. I have installed exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 server which is a domain controller. I want to upgrade to windows 2003, i know i need to update my exchange to service pack 3 which is where i am having problems.

At the point of upgrade it tells me The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Update" because:
    -The active Directory schema is not up-to-date. You must run setup with "/forest prep" switch if you have already done this with the current version of setup, then you must wait for replication to complete. Consult your documentation for details.

--The local domain configuration is not up-to-date. You must run setup with "/domainprep" switch if you have already done this with the current version of setup, then you must wait for replication to complete. Consult your documentation for details.

I ran forestprep and domain prep before installing exchange 2000 server.
    All the solutions that have been proferred so far point to the fact that LDAP in exchange in using the same port as LDAP in AD. I tried changing the port no to 390 in exchange but LDAP is not listed in the protocol container under the excahnge server.

i await an urgent respose

---Shakirat

Re: LDAP not listed in protocol list in exchange 2000 system manager

Is Exchange 2000 supported on Windows 2003?

And excuse me, but don't you think that 7 years after the product was released, you **should** use a newer version of Exchange?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Don't you need to run the Exchange 2003 version of domain prep and forest prep using the Exchange 2003 installation media?

Comment

I am running wndows 2000 and exchange 2000 servers. It is during application of service pack 3 to exchange 2000 server that i have that problem and it is because i am running exchange 2000 on the domain controller. I am about installing exchange on a different server, hope that solves the problem. Thanks a million.

Comment

Working...
        X