X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Information store Exchange 2003 Help Please

Advice needed please.

I have exchange server 2003 with 4 drives

c: (20gig) where the transaction logs are being written to.
    d: (50 gig) where the information store databases are.info store currently at 49 gig
    e: (120 gig)
    f: (30 gig)

As you proberbly can see i need to move my database from d:, i plan pointing it to e: using esm.

My question is when i point to e: through esm, does the database move off d:, or do i delete it, i was planning on using the d: drive for somthing else.

I have read on microsoft site about not deleting the old mdbdata folder, but it is not sinking in...

I would be grateful of any advice or info on this, i have never done this before and need some help.

Regards

Re: Moving Information store Exchange 2003 Help Please

When you use ESM to move the database it will be moved from D: (meaning it will not be on D: after the move). I have never heard of the "don't delete old MDBDATA folder" recommendation and if it were me I would delete it from D: or format D: and use it as I choose.

Comment

hi thanks for the reply..

i was reading this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821915

it is near the bottom about the mdbdata folder path.

regards

Comment

This is a valid article, but should only affect you if you modified the original "Working Directory" location to use your D: drive. Verify what your "Working Directory" setting is and if it's not on the D: drive then you can delete all Exchange related folders on the D: drive. If the "Working Directory" setting is on the D: drive, then you can either leave the Exchange folders alone or change the "Working Directory" setting to use another drive and then delete the Exchange related folders from the D: drive.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

will let you know the outcome

Regards

Comment

Hi it worked fine no problems, just used esm on both databases, it moved them over

Thanks for the replys

Comment

Working...
            X