Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew OWA SSL Certificate using own certificate authority

Hi,

I am having problems renewing my SSL certificate which is due to expire on 20/10/2007.
    I originally configured this following the article here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/..._OWA_2003.html

It has worked fine for 2 years, but now with the certificate expiring in 5 days, I have tried to renew it.

I went to IIS on the exchange server and to the directory security tab.
    Clicked on Server Certificate and chose 'renew' followed the defaults and then followed the notes at the above link from the section 'Getting the Pending Request accepted by our Certificate Authority'
    This looked like it had renewed the certificate for a further 12 months, but then OWA and OMA didn't work!

I had to go back to IIS and chose 'replace certificate' and replaced with the original cert, and OWA and OMA worked again.

Please can anyone let me know where I have gone wrong and what is the correct procedure to renew your own certificate for OWA

Thanks

Owen

Re: Renew OWA SSL Certificate using own certificate authority

Hi,

I have sorted this now.

I was choosing to 'prepare the request now, but send it later' that is where I was going wrong.

I have now chosen 'send the request immediatley to an online certification authority' then selected my own CA (the local server) and it has worked!

It has extended the expiry date until 15/10/2009 and OWA and OMA clients are working fine.

Thanks

Owen

Comment

Working...
    X