Exchange 2003 Restore Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 Restore Problem

I've Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server. I'm taking daily backup using NTback. Today I took Ghost Disk image and restore on new machine(Same spacification) after restoring every thing was fine. I restore mail box storage using Ntbackup(followed all steps according artical) but unable to mount database after restoring. Error (unconsistant database).
    I've databse storage on D:
    Am I missing anything?
    Thanks
    Asim

Re: Exchange 2003 Restore Problem

Are you getting any events in event viewer?

Can you post the exact error message you are getting please.

Comment

I am confused if you restored the Ghost image of that exchange server on another machine you should not have to restore mail boxes....

Comment

Basically, We took ghost image 4 days ago and now its been 4 days. So we've to resotre lastest backup on exchange. After restoring backup when we tried to mount storage its showed that "Storage is inconsistant"
        We are taking microsoft exchange server complete backup and trying to restore on original place.

Comment

You are not supposed to backup Exchange in that way. No wonder it doesn't work.

As for the question - you've been asked if there are any errors in the even log. Why didn't you answer? Do you expect us to read your computer's logs for you?

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
            You are not supposed to backup Exchange in that way. No wonder it doesn't work.

As for the question - you've been asked if there are any errors in the even log. Why didn't you answer? Do you expect us to read your computer's logs for you?

I dont have any error in event logs, yes when I try to start my storage its giving me error "Inconsistant storage database"

Comment

I solved my problem using eseutil /p command and after repair ist working fine. Thanks for you all anyway. Could any one tell me how can I close this thread now? Dont mind please because its my 1st time here. Thanks once again.

Comment

Working...
              X